Happy New Year! May we suggest a few resolutions that will be easy to keep, with the help of the Ridgefield Library?
- Make sure every member of your family can enjoy the Library with his or her own card. Our colorful new card design by Jamison Odone makes having a library card even more special for kids and adults alike.
- Set aside quality time each week with your family at the Library, to read, attend a program or work on homework. With 58 open hours a week, including Tuesday and Thursday evenings, all day Saturday and Sunday afternoon, it is easy to find your special time.
- Enrich your reading experience by sharing your thoughts with others. The Library offers 4 regular book discussion groups for adults, 3 for teens, 3 for children and even one for families to enjoy together – plus more informal opportunities to share like the monthly Books & Breakfast meetings and summer Mystery Lovers Brown Bag Lunches.
- Go green, by signing up for e-mail notification of overdues and holds.
- Sign up for Library ELF and eliminate late books and overdue fees by receiving advance notice of when items are coming due.
- Add some art to your life by visiting our monthly exhibits of photography, paintings and more in the Dayton Program Room.
- Look to the stars with the Ridgefield Library during the International Year of Astronomy. Our Visions of the Universe exhibit (on display early April through early June) will be a central part of the townwide commemoration of 400 years of learning about space since Galileo first turned his telescope on the heavens. A full schedule of exciting activities at the Library and elsewhere will be coming soon.
- Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter so you won’t miss any of the fun @ the Ridgefield Library in 2009.