On a regular basis, the Ridgefield Library helps some 50 local book discussion groups choose their selections, find background information and discussion questions and obtain multiple copies for group members. We are pleased to be able to support this popular and worthwhile activity, but we do ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Plan Ahead. You must submit your request a minimum of 3 weeks before the date you need books in hand.
- Check the Publication Date. We are not able to obtain multiple copies of books that are less than 1 year old.
- Confirm your Numbers. Save us time and money by ordering only as many copies as you really think your group will need.
- Pick a Contact Person. Please designate one responsible party to complete a request form for each title and to communicate with group members about the status of your request.
- Stick to your Meeting Schedule. Special arrangements made to accommodate your scheduling needs do not allow us to extend due dates or renew items from other libraries if your plans change.
For suggestions of titles that lend themselves to discussion, ask at the Fiction Desk or in Children’s Services. To request multiple copies of a title, contact Interlibrary Loan Coordinator Karen Kazzi at 438-2282 x1011 or at klkazzi@RidgefieldLibrary.org.