Just how busy is it at the Ridgefield Library these days?
- 1,365 children, teens and adults participated in the recently completed Summer Reading Program, logging 34,853 books read in just six weeks.
- 9,134 items were checked out during that period at the new self-service computer in Children’s Services.
- The number of items checked out rose by 4.9% in 2008-2009 over the previous year, to an all-time high of 428,104. Translating into an average of 17.8 items borrowed for each man, woman and children in
, that’s a lot of free bestsellers, book group selections, DVDs, magazines and other items people might have bought in another era. Ridgefield
- Adult program attendance last year rose by 25% and children’s program attendance was up 9.2%, with a total of 22,180 people of all ages enjoying our myriad offerings, from films and book discussions to storytimes and craft programs.
- Computer use continued to skyrocket last year, with hits on our website at www.ridgefieldlibrary.org up 19.9%, visits to our online event calendar up 58%, wireless log-ins up 22.1% and the number of sessions on the computers in the Library up 9.5%.
Come in soon and become part of what we expect to be another record-setting year!