October 20-26 is being observed nationwide as Friends of Libraries Week, and we are joining the celebration. And what better time to appreciate all that the Friends of the Ridgefield Library do and thank them for their invaluable contributions to our library and our community!
Our Friends are very visible this month, with their Fall Used Book Sale October 19-22 at Yanity Gym. These much anticipated sales are the Friends’ major fundraising project and support many of your favorite Ridgefield Library services.
Here’s a sampling of Friends-sponsored activities in October alone:
- Dipping into Proust scholarly book discussions on October 24 and 25 (including free books for participants)
- Reading Is a Family Affair intergenerational book discussion on October 29
- Ridgefield Folk concerts this month and next
- Poetry Discussion Group each month
- New titles added to the Book Club Corner
- New Great Courses audio and video lectures
There is more every month, all only possible due to the generosity of the Friends. Our Friends are also fierce advocates for the Library and tireless volunteers whenever they are needed. If you are a member of the Friends – thank you! If not, please join today at www.ridgefieldlibrary.org.