A commonly overheard statement lately in our temporary location has been, “I didn’t know you had that available!” This comment has referred mostly to our smaller yet still impressive collection of books, audiobooks, DVDs and other library materials. During the last few weeks though, especially following Superstorm Sandy, that statement took on a different target. People from around Ridgefield came in droves to warm up, charge their electronics and use our wired and wireless Internet.
Did you know that we currently offer the following types of technology?
- Free unlimited wireless Internet access (all you need is your library barcode!)
- Free wired Internet access - 16 Windows XP Professional computers with programs including Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader (some time limits apply to ensure equitable access)
- Access to over 50 Library-funded databases that cover a wide range of topics including Business, Finance, Job Searches, Language, Test Preparation and Travel
- Downloadable audiobooks and eBooks available through our Overdrive service
- Color scanner (useful for creating PDFs or JPGs)
- Black & color computer print-outs and photocopies for a modest charge
Don’t just wait for another power outage! Come in for a visit and enjoy what the Ridgefield Library offers you on an every day basis!
Contributed by Network Administrator Anthony Cacciola.