I’m getting ready for a vacation trip to Canada, and the following services from the Library have been a great help.
- A dedicated section of travel books and DVDs, covering destinations around the world, has hints for where to go and what to do.
- I can brush up on my French with language learning materials on CD and accessible online with Mango.
- Luckily, my travel documents are in order, but if I needed passport processing, the Library is a very convenient and friendly alternative.
- A long train trip will allow me to catch up on months’ worth of The New Yorker downloaded through Zinio without having to haul a lot of paper copies around.
- Thanks to eBooks from Hoopla and Overdrive, I will be able to keep up with book group assignments, again without carrying weighty tomes. With selections like Vanity Fair and Huck Finn, this can add up to a lot of pounds of baggage!
- Lists prepared by the library staff have given me some great ideas for themed reading. A pamphlet on “Crime in a Cold Climate” has some perfect suggestions for a trip to Canada!
Wherever you may be traveling, make the Library your first stop!