Thursday, June 15, 2017

Introducing our New Head of Children's Services

I am so pleased to be welcomed to the Ridgefield Library and the Ridgefield community!

I received a BA in English and Education at Worcester State College (MA) and earned my MA in Children’s Literature and MS in Library & Information Sciences from Simmons College in Boston. I’ve worked in various Massachusetts libraries-from the Bibliothèque at the Alliance française to the Boston Arts Academy to the Westfield Athenaeum-though most recently, I was a Children’s Librarian at the Fairfield Public Library (CT) for four years.

I love to laugh and be silly, talk about books, recommend books, review books and read books with children. I am a proud Gryffindor who loves playing board games, listening to audiobooks, and critiquing picture books. I cannot live without coffee. Or cheese.

I also have 2 cats, 2 dogs (Hermione & Houdini, Mercedes & Lana) and a well-trained husband named Matt. I am a Steampunk who loves to dress up and consequently own more petticoats than actual coats.

My favorite book right now is Ben Clanton’s “Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea.” Stop by the Children’s Library to say “hi” and talk about your favorite children’s book!


I’m the one with the purple hair.

Contributed by Kristina Lareau, head of Children's Services

No comments: