As you get ready to turn your calendar to September, be sure to mark down these dates and tips from the Ridgefield Library.
· Labor Day closing. We will be closed on Monday, September 3rd for the Labor Day holiday.
· Sunday hours. Starting on September 9th, we will resume Sunday open hours, from 1:00 to 5:00 PM.
· Storytime registration. Sign-up for the fall session of pre-school storytimes and after school programs will take place September 4th through 10th. Familiar favorites such as Terrific Twos will be joined by some exciting new offerings, so be sure to drop by Children’s Services to register and pick up a full calendar of events. Programs will begin the week of October 2nd.
· Fall adult programs. September will see the return of Ridgefield Folk, more AuthorTalks, a new Pen to Paper memoir-writing workshop, a photography workshop with Don Bruen, the first of a new line-up of Portraits in Motion living history dramatic performances, and the latest in our World Views series featuring filmmaker Sas Carey. Add our usual films, book discussions and art exhibits, and there will be plenty to keep everyone busy through the fall. Check www.ridgefieldlibrary.org for details.
· E-newsletters. We will be starting up a special edition of our e-mail newsletter especially for members of area book clubs. Sign up on our website or at any desk for this occasional update of new releases, additions to our Book Club Corner collection and news of author events (you can also choose from a number of other topical newsletters, focusing on children’s events, music, movies and more).
· E-mail notification. Get in gear for the busy fall by signing up now to receive via e-mail overdue notices and notification of reserve books ready for pick up. You get more timely information about these transactions, and the Library saves time and money on mailings. Check at the Circulation Desk for details.