What’s new for the New Year at the Ridgefield Library? Here’s a preview of what is coming soon. Watch for details of these and other exciting developments.
• “Enjoying Joyce” multi-session, multi-media exploration of the life and works of James Joyce, starting with an introductory lecture by Yale College professor Mark Schenker in January and culminating with a Bloomsday celebration in June.
• Text-a-Librarian service, which will allow you to ask our librarians a reference question from your mobile phone.
• Online registration for selected programs. First up will be a 4-part poetry workshop in January. Check the January 8th opening session on our event calendar at www.ridgefieldlibrary.org to sign up.
• New after-school activities for young people, including Junior Writers, crochet workshops and chess classes.
• New selections for the AM Book Group, Critics’ Circle, Murder by the Book and Tuesday Evening Nonfictioneers book discussion groups.
• New museum passes offering free or discounted admission to the Connecticut Science Museum, the Danbury Railway Museum and the Old State House. Reservations for these and all our museum passes will soon be done online.
• A completely re-designed library website. Stay tuned for the grand opening of our new virtual branch in January!