What did you do at the Ridgefield Library this year? Here are a few of our favorite moments of 2009 – we hope you enjoyed them, too.
• A veritable tent city rising in the parking lot for the Friends of the Library’s spring and fall used book sales
• Heidi Hammel, Dava Sobel and others leading us on a virtual voyage to the stars for the International Year of Astronomy
• The installation of a self-service check-out station in Children’s Services
• The annual Camp Snooze 4th grade sleepover – so popular we had to do it twice this fall!
• Our first ever Murder Mystery Dinner Theater fundraiser, featuring a musical production, great food and wine, and fun with friends
• Expansion of the popular Mother Goose program for infants and caregivers to year-round, offering social interaction and pre-literacy skills development every week
• The debut of the new Murder by the Book mystery discussion group
• Over 13,000 people – nearly twice our normal daily headcount of 1170 – rushing to the Library for the first week of Summer Reading in June
• The chance to meet talented and engaging Nutmeg Book Award-nominated authors throughout the year, thanks to HSBC Bank