Please be aware that we will be experiencing some service disruptions on September 16, 17 and 18 due to an upgrade to our computer systems. Here is what you can expect.
- A current, unexpired library card will be necessary for all check-outs, and a limit of 4 items per family will be in effect. We will not be able to do name look-ups, renew items, pay off fines, issue new cards or renew expired ones, and self-check will not be working.
- Our catalog (both in the Library and online) will be unavailable. Ask staff for assistance.
- You will not be able to access “My Account” online to renew or reserve items.
- Reminder, overdue and hold notices from the Library and from ELF will not be sent.
- We will not be able to check anything in, but all items returned those days will be recorded as coming in on the 19th and no fines will accrue for that period.
- Wireless and Internet should be available, as well as most databases in the Library only (no remote access).
Most of the system improvements are technical in nature and won’t be very noticeable to our patrons, but they will enhance our ability to serve you. Thanks for your patience!