September is National Library Card Sign-up Month! Why should you get or renew your Ridgefield Library card?
• You need it for the quickest, most secure and most accurate service at the Circulation Desk.
• You need it to use our handy self-serve check-out stations.
• You need it for check-out whenever our circulation system is offline and we can’t look you up.
• You need it access myriad databases, periodicals and other subscription-based online resources that require user authentication, including those paid for by the Ridgefield Library and those in the Connecticut Digital Library, paid for by the state.
• You need it for the most convenient access to Library Internet computers, including printing.
• You need it for building-wide wireless access.
• You need it to access downloadable audiobooks for playing on your computer or portable audio player.
• You need it to take advantage of resource-sharing privileges at other public libraries around the state of Connecticut.
This month, there’s a bonus. Get a new card or renew an expired one, and you’ll be entered in a drawing for a free personal copy of “The Grapes of Wrath,” Ridgefield’s Big Read selection. Do it today!