We are always on the lookout for fresh ideas to keep your library experience exciting and relevant. Here are just a few of the new things you can look forward to at the Ridgefield Library in 2015.
- · Acceptance of passport applications, starting later in the winter – don’t forget to pick up a travel guide while you are here doing the paperwork!
- · The Library will serve as a meet-up site for a new MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) on art history – a follow-up to our very successful experiment with the Fiction of Relationship course last year.
- · New classes on CAD programming and 3D printing, plus availability for patrons to bring their own designs and projects to the Library for 3D printing.
- · A three-part series called Law through Film that uses award-winning films and expert moderators to stimulate conversation about important social and legal issues
- · Wireless printing capability from laptops and other devices
- · More drop-in programs for youngsters. Look for Nature Explorers for ages 3-5 and Music & Movement for ages 2-5 on Wednesdays starting in January.
- · New reading lists for many of our monthly book discussion groups.
Have a Happy New Year, and stay tuned for details of these projects as the seasons unfold.